Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing around Ring Rotors

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing around Ring Rotors
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:48:17 +0000
I've been doing it for years, it is annoying but not too hard to do.  I
usually get up the the ring about shoulder high then clip to a rung above
it.  Climb up  so its below my waist then either kneel on it with one leg
and bring the other leg up to stand up on it, or just bring the first foot
up to stand on it and stand up... depends on how heavy the toolbelt is and
how flexible the clothes are.   with the snow suit the other day I had to
kneel first then stand up, but usually with regular clothes I can just get a
foot on it and stand up.  The bigger the ring of course the harder it is.
It does pay to point the ring in a direction that puts the boom cradle away
from the side you are planning to climb up so you have a nice clean platform
to stand on.  And definitely make sure the power is off so no one can
accidentally turn it on you.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net