Re: [TowerTalk] Hi Gain Hi Tower ??

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hi Gain Hi Tower ??
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 19:26:06 -0500
On 12/19/2012 9:56 AM, Wayne Kline wrote:
Hi Roger

   The  small 24'  BX style towers are not the failure Point. it's the
44' stinger that's the area of failure !

That's what I'm saying. Guy the stinger. I di that here with multiband verticals.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Another friend who's of the DX- Expedition type suggested I opt for  the
tapered  fiberglass poles. !

Still trying to model or see why the insulated  stinger at the top of
the tower has such a remarkable effect ?

Wayne W3EA

( I am sorry for the post, I am not able to get  word  wraparound to
function on this  reflector ! )

Came out fine here.

 > From: K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net
 > To: towertalk@contesting.com
 > Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:52:36 -0500
 > Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hi Gain Hi Tower ??
 >

 > Why not guy them with phillystran or poly rope?
 >
 > 73
 >
 > Roger K8RI

My WX