Re: [TowerTalk] Bye Bye Birdies

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye Bye Birdies
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 23:15:12 -0500
On 12/28/2012 Jim Lux wrote:

...snip...

> Yes, but typically one side is fairly conductive (the side with the
> aluminum), and if you do something like tie it onto your antenna, it
> will couple quite nicely by capacitance, if not direct contact.

That is ASSUMING you are talking about aluminized mylar.  Mylar is nothing more
than sheet polyester, and is NOT always aluminized.  In fact, you can get it
clear, as well as other non metallic colors.  Basically we most commonly run
into the metalized versions, but that is not always the case, so as I said, "it
depends".  Aluminized mylar = conductive (duh - aluminum), NON metalized mylar
= insulator

Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com
www.thegallos.com