Re: [TowerTalk] Help with rotor valuation, Telrex

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with rotor valuation, Telrex
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 21:24:35 -0500
On 1/5/2013 6:13 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
I just put mine up for sale:.
http://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=1038206

Already sent you an e-mail.

73

Roger  (K8RI)

John KK9A / P40A

[To:"'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:[TowerTalk] Help with rotor valuation, Telrex
From:"Matrin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Date:Sat, 5 Jan 2013 20:05:27 +0700

I have a large rotator that I am trying to find information on and some idea
as to value. Since it is really too big for anything I might ever have I
will likely dispose of it if I can figure out a reasonable value. Weighs
about 40kG so unless you live in Thailand I don't think this is for you.

It is a Telrex A3695RISX, that's what it says on the model number label.
Weighs about 40kG, large 1/3 HP Doerr motor driving a 3.5 inch output shaft
by way of two worm drive gearboxes and a 1 inch wide chain. Direction
information is from a General Electric Selsyn  coupled to the drive shaft by
a small chain. The whole thing is mounted on an 18 inch by 10 inch steel
plate.

Anybody know anything about these, have any info, or care to offer an
estimate as to likely value?

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED