Re: [TowerTalk] bonding to AC power box or inside fuse panel?

To: "john nistico" <electric911inc@hotmail.com>, "K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bonding to AC power box or inside fuse panel?
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:09:37 -0600
John,

Thanks for your comments on the ground.

For the 160, best you kick off a separate thread for that. Comingling subjects makes it very hard for anyone to follow the thread.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: john nistico
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:06 PM
To: K1TTT ; towertalk@contesting.com

According to the underwriter lightning suppression course I took the proper way is to run as long a length of bare copper wire in the ground. giving the strike as much area to dissipate as possible. Also cad welding the wire to a 10 ft ground rod every 50 to 100 feet is highly recommended. And not to change the subject but can i get an opinion for this weekends 160 contest? I have a customer with a 180ft support I can use to hold up an antenna. Should i put up an inverted v or a vertical with 4 ground radials 135 ft long. the feed point will be 50 ft above the ground. Thanks.

John J. Nistico
911 Electric Inc.
516.356.6071