[TowerTalk] Fwd: Temporary tower/antenna question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Temporary tower/antenna question
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:50:08 -0500 (EST)
Use a 48 foot glass-fiber contraption, consisting of a number of 5 foot
sections. I think they were intended to be tent poles and not a 48 foot pole.
Have successfully raised that using two guy point and FOUR sets of guy wires.
Two guy sets are used to stabilize the set-up sideways, one guy set is used to
stop the mast from falling over once raised and the fourth is attached to a
falling derrick. The derrick was a 33 foot, sectioned aluminium tube used as a
support for a "hogantenn" by the Swedish Army. Raised that contraption several
times on my own (single handed) at several FD-s.

I am sure you can use that for antenna support especially if you don't use all
the 48 feet. Found the tent pins at ham fests for a few $$ per section.

Hans - N2JFS