[TowerTalk] phased butternuts near saltwater for multiband operation?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] phased butternuts near saltwater for multiband operation?
From: krishna kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 17:27:42 -0500
Hi all,
I would like to use a multiband vertical like the butternut HF9V in a phased manner
 near a saltwater location. The use will be for 80m thru 10m.

I have seen the F12 SVDA etc, but individual verticals are out due to weight being a factor. I would like to switch bands with ease. I am OK with manual intervention, when switching between say 80m cw to ssb or vice-versa. However, would like to jump between
 say 40-10m with ease.

I normally rely on a 2ele steppir with 40m trombone for higher bands. However, if a couple of butternuts with some phasing network will do an excellent job, i am open to trying. Esp, since the saltwater will do wonders with the vertical and also in case the logistics at the location
prevents raising/securing the 2ele steppir on a mast.

I understand that there will be no one size fits all spacing due to the multi-band requirement.
However, a magic optimal will be nice.

This is one product i came across - http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/2elmultibandverticals.htm

However, if there are limitations and if i need to build a custom box to support all the bands, then please let me know your thoughts. Willing to try, since i have some time to put it all together and test.

73s
krish
w4vku