Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing question
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:00:53 -0500
What is wrong with using a bearing at the top of the tower and mounting
the rotator inside the tower? The rotator has an internal bearing so the
mast is supported by two points. I have built all of my towers this way.
Some people add an additional bearing just above the rotator but in my
opinion it is just a place to bind and serves no purpose other than it
allows you to remove the rotator for repair.

John KK9A