Re: [TowerTalk] Tower loading calcs have changed?

To: Jack Berry <we5st@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower loading calcs have changed?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:05:38 -0500
Hi, Jack,

The method of calculating windload HAS changed and the requirements of
building codes have changed to reflect the newer EIA standards. No use
repeating what someone else has done a nice job explaining.  K7NV helped me
to understand at his web site about this:
http://k7nv.com/notebook/topics/windload.html

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Jack Berry <we5st@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It appears that wind load calculation methodologies must have changed over
> the past 20 years.
> Purely anecdotal but it seems the same tower models have been derated over
> time.
> Has the method changed or have lost law suits caused a shift?
>
> 73,
> Jack - WE5ST

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.