[TowerTalk] Antenna separation distance and orientation

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna separation distance and orientation
From: SPWoo <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 08:39:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi Folks,

I'm about to purchase a rotatable dipole for the WARC bands.  I already have
two yagis up on the same mast.  I don't know where to put this dipole and at
what orientation (parallel to the yagi elements or the yagi's boom).  If anyone
has any experiences on this please let me know.  Thanks and 73.

Current setup:
Force 12 D240 sitting at 1' above the thrust bearing
Bencher Skyhawk sitting at 6' above the F12 D240
There's 4.5' of bare mast above the Skyhawk

Proposed rotatable dipole:
Mosley TW-31-XL for 12, 17, and 30.

Concerns:
Interaction between the rotatable dipole to either or both of the yagis
Minimize wind loading if all possible

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo, W6GX
(970) 646-1711