Re: [TowerTalk] Subject: XM-240 Question

To: "'D. Drake'" <daleaa1qd@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Subject: XM-240 Question
From: "Mike" <hinrgdj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:45:41 -0500
I'm planning on the same for a new tower install... get a larger plate of
1/4" 6061, and instead of Cushcrafts 8X8" plate, use a 13"VX 9H", go to
Harbor Freight and buy a set of transfer punches, transfer the 1/4" boom
holes centered, and drill the top/bottom holes for a 2" mast clamping  set
of DXE super duty mast clamps. The XM-240 I received a week ago had a
tenacious black coating over the traps, but missed a few spots at the
connection of the wire to element, beware and reseal that exposed area if
need be.

Mike, K4EAR