Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help with 130MPH Spec & Crank-Up Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help with 130MPH Spec & Crank-Up Tower
From: Todd Coulter <Coulter@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:53:47 -0400
Wayne,

I was the person who recommended a Tashjian tower because of that reason. Karl worked with me when other manufacturers would not even talk to me about it.

I was able to get the local zoning office to allow me to have the tower rated in the down or nested position for our requirement which is 140 mph for a 3 sec. gust.

There was no way that anything other than a guyed tower was going to meet that requirement. And interesting enough, we are not allowed guyed towers in my city.

I would see if your zoning department would allow you to do that, then call Karl at Tashjian towers and see if he would work up the engineering prints and calculations for you to submit to the zoning officials before you purchase the tower. That is what he did for me. I assured him that I would purchase a tower from him as long as the city approved my application, which they thankfully did.

His towers are fantastic and I highly recommend one for you. Mine has been through a Cat 2/3 hurricane while nested and vertical, as well as a few tropical storms without any issues. Good luck with your project and let me know if I can answer any questions that you may have.

73,

Todd
N4JRZ