Re: [TowerTalk] hazer raising winch

To: Kenneth Waites <barbiekenw@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hazer raising winch
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:07:45 -0700
Would a Fulton KW3000 worm drive winch turned by an
electric drill work for you?  See:

http://www.n6rk.com/drill_adapter_for_winch/drill_adapter_for_winch.html

The KW3000 holds 50 feet of 5/16" cable.  It will have no trouble with
70 feet of your small cable.

Also, consider mounting a pulley at the base of the tower and running
the cable out to the winch mounted outside the tower on the ground.
It doesn't have to be inside the tower like GM does it.

Rick N6RK

On 3/24/2013 6:46 PM, Kenneth Waites wrote:> I am removing the worn winch that came on my 70' Glen Martin aluminum tower, and replacing it with a winch