Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna issue still puzzling me

To: "Crownhaven" <crownhaven@bellsouth.net>, "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna issue still puzzling me
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:56:56 -0400
And, don't forget relay contacts. Vacuum relays are usually ok, but any crack in the glass or ceramic obviously could be a problem. And, self cleaning contacts may be probably ok. But plain old contacts watch out and clean them periodically. With the coax connectors, provided they are properly soldered, it can help to clean them and apply a thin coat of electrical grease like Penetrox to keep the oxides away. This of course does nothing for the cheapies, especially the right angles, that just plane burn up at a few hundred watts.
Gene / W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Crownhaven" <crownhaven@bellsouth.net>