[TowerTalk] Gigavac Relays

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gigavac Relays
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:28:50 -0400
Tonno,

I have used the Gigavac G2 series in a remote transmitter transfer switch and they perform as advertised, never had a failure. I know that one passed a lightning hit at least once, because the plate tuning cap in the transmitter was burned away from massive arcing (arc started by lightning, sustained by plate supply), and amazingly enough the relay sustained no damage in the incident.

Well made relays with good support after sale. The HAM program they have makes them especially good buys, since they are commercial quality relays.

Howie - WA4PSC

Howard Hoyt
CE - WXYC-FM 89.3
UNC Chapel Hill, NC