Re: [TowerTalk] Noalox versus penetrox ??

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Noalox versus penetrox ??
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 08:32:55 -0500
Ditto experience with Noalox superior to Penetrox in marine environment (SOCAL experience.) Note: Regarding cleaning/polishing aluminum, by the time you are through cleaning and polishing aluminum it will have oxidized if not protected from atmospheric oxygen. You may not see the oxidation but it is there. This rapid oxidation forms a protective layer that inhibits further oxidation. The sharp conductive particulate material in Noalox penetrates this thin layer of oxidation and makes for good electrical connection.

Say again, why I don't see the new oxide layer... The microscopic crystals of the oxide are saphire and are essentially transparent.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: n8de@thepoint.net