[TowerTalk] Info Needed: HyGain 400 Rotator - Roto Brake

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Info Needed: HyGain 400 Rotator - Roto Brake
From: George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:08:43 -0400
I have one of these old beasts, and it works! It is the predecessor to the
HDR-300, and it has a unique point-and-shoot controller with a great-circle
map on the face. Date codes inside the controller indicate that it is
probably 1972 vintage.

I tried a web search for information and did turn up a CQ product review
that describes the theory of operation, but I would really like to find a
schematic and an adjustment procedure for the span of the display. If I
dial in a 90 degree change (using a short cable on the bench), the rotator
moves more than 90 degrees, telling me that it was probably adjusted for
the run of cable up some previous tower. There are a few pots inside,
including one that appears to have been added after manufacture. I really
don't want to reverse-engineer this box - does anyone have a manual or a
link to one?

73,

geo - n4ua