[TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589 cables

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589 cables
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:12:40 -0700
I've started lubricating the cables on my HDX589 with PreLube 6. For the main spool cable, I applied the lube when lowering the tower by spraying into a slotted plastic funnel on the cable. That technique worked very well. But now looking at the higher section cables between the sections, I'm wondering if there is a neat technique for application of the lube to them? Get to the top with the tower down, spray, and hope the lube runs all the way down the cable??

(not a revisit of lube/not lube cables debate please). btw Prelube 6 smells a lot like LPS2 or LPS3 so I might guess some of the ingredients are the same.

Grant  KZ1W