Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589 cables

To: towertalk@contesting.com, grants2@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589 cables
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:01:18 -0400 (EDT)
>  I've started lubricating the cables on my HDX589 with  PreLube 6. For
the
main spool cable, I applied the lube when lowering the  tower by spraying
into a slotted plastic funnel on the cable.  That  technique worked very
well.   But now looking at the higher  section cables between the
sections, I'm wondering if there is a neat  technique for application of
the lube to them?   Get to the top  with the tower down, spray, and hope
the lube runs all the way down the  cable??

    Well, sort of. I don't know if the lubricant  will run all the way down
a cable - I haven't tried it. But starting at the  top and squirting the
PreLube on every 2-3 feet is the way I've done it.

    Be careful since the over-spray will get on  lots of other stuff
besides the cables and if you're not careful will lubricate  you right off the
tower.

    Let us know if it'll run all the way down.  That would be too
convenient - hi.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH