Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Experience

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Experience
From: Brian Alsop <alsopb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 00:54:28 +0000
Shawn,

You say the tower is an EZWAY. Do you mean the two or three section crankup tower with the wonder ground post? I had three of them over a 10 year period in the 60's.

If you do:
1) The tower is probably 40-50 years old. They came in two flavors: painted or galvanized. I suspect the painted ones are now dust. The galvanized ones rusted from the inside out. I'd be very leery of using one. 2) They are meant not to be guyed. I know they have a foot that holds the upper section above when telescoped. But it is not clear what extra download force they were designed for. Guys can put appreciable downward force on the tower.

My two cents.

73 de Brian/K3KO