Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC(SteveJones)-Option

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC(SteveJones)-Option
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:50:08 -0500
Jim, Thanks for your input. I have also received some very helpful PM's on this. I'm not really going to be dong anything complex. Mostly each tower and each "other antenna" will need a two position coax switch to either connect an antenna to the distribution coax or not. I don't envision having more than one active antenna on this system at a time. Each coax switch either connects the "main line" to an antenna or passes the signal on down the line where one of the other switches can be energized to connect its antenna to the main line. This is a distributed system and doesn't use a multi switch in one box approach. I do have a 1 in 5 out remote switch in a metal barn with a vertical on the roof and a 270 ft Carolina Windom off one end. The third position to be used on this 1 in 5 out switch will be to feed the "main line" going to my three towers as well as the dipoles/inverted V's etc supported by those towers.

The 1 in 5 out coax switch is already operational. What I need is a way to energize any one of many coax switches along the "main line", a sort of single pole multi-throw switch, realized by other than hard wired means. I think Green Heron may be the answer but I'm not in a "rush to judgment." I want to take my time in choosing the way ahead. I find that what you do in haste you may regret at your leisure.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Lux