To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 127, Issue 33
From: GEO Badger <w3ab@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:21:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hmm,

Hans asked.....
How
 do you know from where the "lightning entered"? It is just as valid as
asking from where the current is coming when you light a light bulb with
a battery or "does the lightning strike down or up"?

Hans - N2JFS

Very
 good question Hans, though not much relevance to the current, pun
intended, discussion. Common wisdom sez that electrical current flows
from cathode (-) to anode (+). For the answer to your question, your
favorite search engine can be of assistance.
Google turned up http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/
Yahoo turned up http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=LIGHTNING&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35
Wikipedia turned up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning
blekko, whatever that is, turned up http://blekko.com/#?q=LIGHTNING
bling turned up http://www.bing.com/search?q=LIGHTNING&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR,
which is a lot like the yahoo search
twitter turned up
https://twitter.com/search?q=LIGHTNING&partner=Firefox&source=desktop-search,
which is something you need to sign up for, and meet some of my NSA friends.

All in all, here is a presentation of how lightning strikes.
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/estatics/u8l4e.cfm

I will tell you this, a lightning strike is no fun. Don't ask me how I know
this ----- KA-ZAPP!

---
  Ciao baby, catch you on the flip side.
    GEO
http://www.w3ab.org

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.