Re: [TowerTalk] Universal tower help

To: mikflathead@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Universal tower help
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 22:00:05 -0400
The mast guide tube at the top of the tower comes in two different sizes, one for a 2" mast and another for a 1 3/4" mast.

Universal towers are very EASY to 'drop'.

You simply remove the base bolts from the two legs that are parallel and tip it over, using some method to keep it from falling quickly (restraint ropes/guys work fine).

If each tower leg has TWO bolts, BOTH must be removed from the parallel flanges and the LOWER bolt removed on the 'pivot' leg.

I've done this so often, I sometimes dream about it.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting mikflathead@aol.com:

I recently erected a 50 foot Universal tower. It has a 14 inch top section with a tube for the mast. It is a pain to drop the tower. I need to know what size is the inside diameter of the tube that the mast goes thru so I can purchase the mast. Unfortunately there web site shows all the dimensions but the tube size. Can someone help? Thanks Mike