[TowerTalk] Indentifying A4S traps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Indentifying A4S traps
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:59:08 -0400
I have an old A4S w/40m add-on sitting in my storage for years.
Unfortunately the elements are not marked, and I need a way to identify the
traps.
I heard about technique of connecting the Grid Dip Meter to the end of the
traps, but I don't have Dip Meter at the moment.
Is there any other way to do that?

I see that Driven Element and Director both have a pair of traps on each side
(and they are a bit different in length), while reflector has only one on each
side. Are the traps on the director and driven element the same
(interchangeable)? In the manual they marked TC/TD and TB/TE.

Thanks for any tip.

Yuri  VE3DZ