[TowerTalk] Tower should be here soon

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower should be here soon
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 00:29:53 -0400
The contractor called this evening and said they should have the tower here before Sunday evening. As the heat index has been around 105 for the past few days and forecast for tomorrow along with severe storms, Sunday sounds great.

I'll have to put the control wiring on, but I can do it for about 10% of the factory cost.

We'll have to wait for the N yard to dry a bit, but he's going to dig the hole, provide the rebar cage, pour the concrete and clean up the yard afterwards.

So my LM470 is getting closer. I have a Force 12 C19-XR, but am tempted to get a new C31-XR. I'd like the C49XR, but I think thats a bit too much for me to handle at 150#. If I had 2 working hands and feet I'd look at it a bit differently. I do have a WARC-7 to go above the C19XR.

I hope to get a climber to put up the C3i 7L 6-meter ant, 24' steel DOM mast and the PST-61 rotator. That will put the 6-meter ant about 15' above the top of the 45G at 115 feet. Then recondition the 40M3-125 and tram it to the top of the 45G.

73,

Roger (K8RI)