Re: [TowerTalk] TX-489 MDPL and mounting on another contrete base

To: "'Nathaniel Lee'" <n1bnc@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX-489 MDPL and mounting on another contrete base
From: "Ed Williams" <sunset392@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:09:05 -0400
Hi Nat,

The first problem is that the base for the TX489 requires a 5'x 5'x 8'
concrete pad with rebar cage not a 4'x 5'x 5'.  I know that the present
bolts used on the tower is now a welded nut at the bottom of the special
grade anchor bolts.  There are epoxy's that could be used, but still the
size of the base is the big problem.

I have a TX-489 with Hygain Tailtwister rotator turning a KLM 7 ele LPDA & 2
ele 40 Yagi.  If I can help please email.

73, de KN4KL/KG4KL ed