Re: [TowerTalk] F-12 340 Magnum D

To: Wayne <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F-12 340 Magnum D
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:00:00 -0700
Wayne,

One upgrade is to use copper clad steel wire for the element loading wires.

However, F12 sells coils to replace the element loading wires. There have
been several discussions over the past year or so on this topic and all
have concluded that the antenna tunes easier and performs better. I have
one of the F12 620/340 yagis and soon hope to go the loading coil route
myself.

Call Mark at F12 and ask him for info on the coils. He has several
drawings. Come to think of it, I think there is now some literature on the
F12 web site about them. They are a bit expensive but from what I have
heard, are worth it. I also have some photos of a N6 stn that made his own
coils and mounting system. I can send you those if you like.

GL,

Ray,
N6VR
Chino Valley, AZ