Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 13:57:19 -0700
On 8/5/2013 1:40 PM, Kelly Johnson wrote:
I'm definitely getting pretty tired of restricting myself to old houses built
prior to 1970.

I'm not sure why you would say that. If you're willing to go off the beaten track, and spend a lot of time looking, there are a lot of great older homes around. I've seen a lot of them as we walk and drive around on the back roads.

I loved the house we owned in Chicago, a wood frame 2-flat with a nice yard, built a few years after the Chicago fire (1871). It's construction is FAR more solid than the "prettier" home we bought here in the Santa Cruz Mountains, built in 1989. The only downsides of the Chicago house were that it had noise from neighbors, and a city-sized lot.

73, Jim K9YC