Re: [TowerTalk] Coiling cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coiling cables
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:53:57 -0500
Flaking is especially useful for items with a neutral lay. Cordage with a right or left hand twist like common 3 strand can be a pain if not handled correctly. Little things like taking the cordage off the spool by rotating the spool versus taking it off the side of a stationary spool like an open faced spinning reel makes a huge difference. We rag sailors tend to get "into" the topic a bit more that the average lubber.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Lux