Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox/Noalox vs. Anti-seize compound

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox/Noalox vs. Anti-seize compound
From: George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:37:15 -0400
Don't worry about it. The anti-oxidant will do its job with or without
metallic particles added, particularly on new, bright aluminum. The
function of the grease is to exclude oxygen; the mechanical force of the
clamp or whatever presses the metal parts into intimate electrical contact,
forcing the grease out of the way where the high spots of the metal meet.
The grease then keeps air away from the contact that has been formed. The
metal particles in the grease don't provide much in the way of electrical
contact by themselves, rather they help to break through any oxide layer
that might exist on the parent metal.

73,

geo - n4ua