[TowerTalk] Different Type UHF Female

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Different Type UHF Female
From: rfman45 <rfman45@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 18:23:47 -0500
 Today I came across what is stated to be a female UHF/SO-239 however there
is no dielectric between the center and the shell, just the receptacle for
the UHF male pin which is attached to the base. The outer shell
is the usual threading and the UHF male fits it OK.

 My concern is its long term strength since it is unsupported until it finally
reaches the base of the connector. I've never seen this type before.
Has anyone had any experience with this type of UHF female?

As always thanks in advance for any comments.

Mike W2LO