Re: [TowerTalk] Switching Multiple Rotors

To: K0YR - Thomas Rieff <k0yr@tomrieff.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Switching Multiple Rotors
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:52:46 -0400
Tom,

You can use one wire for switching and the rest for control, IF you have enough wires in the cable. Obviously, you need a common ground, too.

The switching can be used for up to 4 rotors, if you use:

1 - no voltage
2 - +12 v
3 - -12 v
4 - 12v ac

The voltage can be whatever will drive your relay set. I simply put 12 volts as a reference.

Use two DPDT relays ... with diodes to select which is 'thrown' (and electrolytic capacitors to keep them from chattering on AC).

Appropriate bypass capacitors (and RF chokes, if needed, complete the project.

Good luck,

Don
N8DE

Quoting K0YR - Thomas Rieff <k0yr@tomrieff.com>:

T/T
Any thoughts on how to switch multiple rotors with one set of cabling.
The towers I wish to switch are 500 feet from the cabin.
Or is there a better way of wireless remoting???
Tom, K0YR

K0YR
Thomas Rieff
2059 Sundance Lane