Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-gain Hy-Tower versus 53 ft Vertical

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-gain Hy-Tower versus 53 ft Vertical
From: "Nelson Wittstock" <k8djc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:35:29 -0000
I have a Hy-tower but it has been modified. I have a beam for the non-warc bands so I didn't need that part of the Hy-tower. I took off all the stubs and extended the mast on top to about 63 feet for use on 80 meters. There are about a half mile of radials around the base. I made a remote switching box that is mounted at the bottom. To it I have connected vertical wires for 30, 17 and 12 meters. There are fiberglass poles extending the tops of the wires away from the tower so the wires are not parallel to the tower. I have had great success with this arrangement.

Nelson, K8DJC