[TowerTalk] Bose 901 antenna theory

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bose 901 antenna theory
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 06:05:19 -0700
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:02:20 -0700
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bose 901 antenna theory

On 9/4/2013 2:34 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> Bose demands that a special listening room be set up.... with NO other brands
> of speakers in the same room.

About 20 years ago, they pulled some really unethical stuff on one of my
consulting clients -- held a meeting with the design team for that
client to demonstrate their stuff, insisted that their sound system
consultant (me) could not be present, and had the participants sign NDAs
-- they couldn't even tell anyone that the meeting had happened.

The saying about Bose among audio professionals, "Better sound through
marketing" could be equally applied to a certain ham mic and headphone
company based in Illinois.

73, Jim K9YC

##  agreed. Remember the infamous  Bose... wave radio ??   It’s a  tiny
thing that sits on your kitchen counter top,and has an arc to the plastic
casing, etc.
You know the one..they do these stupid 1 hr infomercials  at 2AM  most
nights..on several TV channels.

##  I find it amusing that the Bose corporate headquarters building is shaped
exactly the same as the
Bose ..wave radio.  The building looks like one big wave radio.

##  What other speaker manufacturer  uses  10-15db of EQ  at both the bottom
and top end..just to
get their speakers to sound flat ?   Nobody.   And that’s  exactly what they do
on their Flagship
Bose 901..now series 6 speakers.  Pointing 16 tiny speakers  at a gyproc wall,
and bouncing the
sound off it is  a class act....and fubar.

later......... Jim  VE7RF