Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 65G Flang Bolt Torque Specs

To: Quinton Graham <qgraham_2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 65G Flang Bolt Torque Specs
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:51:44 -0700
Portland Bolt has the specs on their web site for tightening A325s. However, the question will remain if the connections are "slip critical". If so then the torque is near to the web site value than otherwise, which are "snug tight plus 1/2 turn or similar". Best to get the Rohn spec torque value particularly if you have flanged connections subject to the cyclical compression-tension loading of tower legs.

Grant KZ1W