Re: [TowerTalk] Crossing Property Lines

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crossing Property Lines
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:27:10 -0400
On 9/18/2013 8:36 AM, w5gn@mxg.com wrote:
"Couldn't you just re-deed re-record the two lots into one?"

We had discussed that "option" but it's not possible, for
several reasons, but especially in Dallas where most of
the housing is late-20th century in developments of a
fixed lot size; the planners don't want a "three lot
mega home" to alter the nature of those neighborhoods

Additionally, there were other planning issues as to
what constitutes a "single home"; we would have had
to physically connect the two houses, and not just
with a covered walk way - it would have had been
an interior sealed connection which would have made
it real fun with the air conditioning and heating systems
competing.  And I think there was also an issue with
two kitchens, since that would constitute a rentable
apartment on the property, also not allowed.

Strange, When I built my shop, I couldn't add a "rest room", or even running water, or they'd consider it a 2nd habitable building which isn't allowed. Course, If I had a rest room and water, I could add a hot plate for coffee and probably spend so much time out here my wife would have to come out to check on me occasionally <:-)) Yet other than set back rules (for safety) and that covers the tower, not what you put on it. There are no other limitations on ham antennas. IE, you cam put up a tower to meet the setback and add a 30 foot mast on top. They don't even require/issue building permits for ham towers,

If they ever rezone be sure to get involved particularly with anything that deals with amateur radio.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73

Barry, EI/W5GN