Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop - Rohn 45-G flat top section

To: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop - Rohn 45-G flat top section
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:55:27 -0400
Hi Gary
  There are many ways to skin a cat. My way with a flat top with  there  TB 3
thrust bearing and there protruding bolts and sharp edge, is to transition any
hardline connectors below the top plate ( A good place to test the antenna and
feed line from also )
then put the RG 231, 214  inside a reinforced 3/4" piece of garden hose.  I
install the antenna in the north position 1/2  it's rotation
and  wind 2 turns  one laying on the flat top and one taped 6 to 8" above  the
flat plate. most of these install's are in  the snow and ice of Eastern PA NJ
NY or Dell and to the best of my knowledge there was never a frayed, tore coax
with this  type of configuration.

Like said said there just another way  to do it ..

Wayne W3EA