Re: [TowerTalk] Analysis of mast slippage in rotor

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Analysis of mast slippage in rotor
From: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:39:23 -0400
John,

I have no explanation for the slippage, you didn't say if the U-bolts were
loose.  The U-bolts are also available from C.A.T.S. rotor service. I would use
a lock washer and/or some Loc-Tite (the removable kind).

You could also bend your own from all-thread. I've bought it in the past from
my local big box store. I think, without any engineering data at all, the
having threads bearing on the mast would give a slightly better grip. Then
there's the slipp-nott http://www.tennadyne.com/slipp_nott.htm

Good luck & 73.
Mike NF4L