[TowerTalk] cooper ground strap to aluminum panel

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cooper ground strap to aluminum panel
From: Kevin Shea <KShea@facfin.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:49:41 -0500
I  have a large, thick plate of aluminum and to it I have bolted about a dozen
Alpha Delta switches (all with a gas discharge tube) . Every antenna line is
connected and every radio as well, it allows me to easily connect any source to
any receiver, transceiver, etc.

I will have my cables grounded at the top of the tower(s) as well as they enter
my shack.  Nevertheless I want to make certain that this switch board is
effectively connected to my SPG.

I want to make this connection with a wide copper strap. In the past I used
brass plates between the copper strap and the aluminum plate and used stainless
steel bolts to hold it tight.  I also used one of the greases (don't remember
which one) to keep moisture/air out of the areas of contact.

Is this right?
Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Kevin N9JKP