Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions
From: Scott <scottw3tx@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 08:49:40 -0400
There are young people that read this list to learn about abtennas and
communications. And adults that expect this board to be profanity free.

Please keep the language clean and professional.

Best regards,
Scott W3TX

On Oct 27, 2013, at 1:57 AM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

On 10/26/2013 10:09 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> 50 feet  beats out 34 feet hands down every time. 67 feet
> beats out 48 feet every time too.   Be careful  about the TA program.
> It assumes you are in the middle of a wheat field in Kansas.

BULLSHIT!

N6BV;s HFTA terrain analysis software uses USGS terrain data to model the
behavior of horizontally polarized antennas.  It is DAMN GOOD! If you live in
flatland, NEC is sufficient.  If you have irregular terriain, HFTA is critical.
 Lots of serious contesters and serious engineers around me (the SF Bay Area)
have used it extensively and swear by it, including me.

73, Jim K9YC