Re: [TowerTalk] Price of concrete

To: "r miles" <greenacres113@charter.net>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Price of concrete
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 08:26:09 -0600
Do be careful if DIY cement work. I just did 26 bags of 60 lb each to stand up a pipe. It is pretty hard work. My small electric mixer can just do 3 bags at a time (barely) Pipe has been vertical for over 3 weeks now. Saturday I used the FEL on my tractor to hoist the crank-up tower into place and mate the piano hinge I welded on to the tower 7 ft above the base and on top of the pipe 15 ft above ground level.

Ready to put the guys on the top of the bottom section of tower (only two sections of 20 ft)

A small job like this is a candidate for DIY if you have the tools, experience, and mixer. Paying for 4 yards and not using it would be very inefficient and a waste of $ that could be put to better use. When a job is big enough for me to prefer delivery I try to have more than one project to pour. I have forms for casting blocks of concrete. If nothing else the extra could be made into stepping stones by digging molds in the ground.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: r miles