Re: [TowerTalk] UHF right angle connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UHF right angle connectors
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:53:49 -0800
On 11/6/2013 5:32 PM, Mark Robinson wrote:
I have used quite a few of the Amphenol 182134 and had no problems at high power levels

The guy who posted the warning about right angle connectors failed to say that it applies to cheap, no-name connectors, not Amphenol. The cheap junk IS made with tiny springs -- I learned the hard way. Amphenol connectors are well made.

Most of us have an iron-clad rule about coax connectors -- if it doesn't say Amphenol, and if it's not vintage MIL-spec stuff, it's probably junk and should be avoided.

73, Jim K9YC