[TowerTalk] Common mode choke

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Common mode choke
From: Dan Atchison <N3ND@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:14:09 -0500
With my second floor shack, I have common mode RF issues that have been well mitigated with common mode chokes of 5 FT240-43 cores, but at 40 and below frequencies the choking could be improved. I ordered several FT240-31 mix cores and was going to replace the 43 mix, but thought I might have good luck if I just added the 31 mix with the 43 mix, i.e. 10 ferrite cores in a choke as opposed to five. Are there any disadvantages to this or perhaps is it overkill?

73,
Dan -- N3ND