Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, turvin2009@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire ?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:21:44 -0500 (EST)
>  I am going to use a crane to lift a 60' Rohn 25 tower. I  am using 2
sets of guy wires. 1 set at 28' and the other at 55' per Rohn.
The  guy wires will be attached to the tower when lifted. My question is
this: which  set should? be tightened 1st? Top set or bottom set? Or does it
matter?

    You always start from the bottom.  You can use  a bubble level to get
the first segment vertical and then give the people  on the ground
instructions to get it into plumb by adjusting the turnbuckles.  Once the
sections
below the first guys are plumb, then you can adjust the guys  to initial
tension.

    Once the first set of guys and sections are plumb,  then all you have
to do is look up the tower face to see if the subsequent  sections need
adjusting - it'll be pretty obvious.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs