[TowerTalk] Ridding Birds from the Tower

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ridding Birds from the Tower
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:38:40 -0500
Ultra sonic projectors or yelpers of one kind or another have been mentioned for ridding birds from towers. I have looked on-line and see a myriad of these things. I would like to buy one. Did I also read that the sound is inaudible to humans? That ALSO is what I need as it would have to be used at night many times. If anyone has any direct or first hand knowledge of one of these please get back to me off the reflector with the info. My problem is with the osprey (sea birds) that like to roost on my tower day and night while they survey the waters around here for prey which they brink back to the top of the tower to eat. They make and leave a huge mess every day. You can't shoot them as some might suggest, nor would I or could I as I am in a residential neighborhood ... with bird lovers galore. I just want them on someone else's home/tree/roof/tower anywhere else but here. - Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Patrick Greenlee