Re: [TowerTalk] Ridding Birds from the Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ridding Birds from the Tower
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:34:47 -0800
On 11/20/13 3:16 PM, GEO Badger wrote:
I worked in marine research for a number or years and we used a
stainless steel spike system along the surfaces we didn't want any
birds to land.
http://www.birdbgone.com/?gclid=CPLO6sm99LoCFclQOgodH3UA1g

Now, that would not be a good thing for our antennas, nor was it good
for areas we had to put our hands and/or feet. I started using tie
wraps with the tail sticking up. That kept the birds at bay and we
didn't get injured any longer. Plus, it's not metallic so there are
no RF detuning concerns

They make a UV resistant plastic version of this.  I've seen them
installed on railings and such.