Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance for Tower

To: "K7LXC@aol.com" <K7LXC@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance for Tower
From: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:09:00 -0800 (PST)
Your policy will dictate what is covered and what is not. Even that is open to
interpretation. As Bill K4XS said here in Florida It's hard to even get
homeowners insurance. My policy has a specific EXCLUSION for amateur radio
towers, antennas, and equipment.
The bottom line is if you have a policy that covers your gear and you make a
claim. An adjuster should show up and determine the coverage and how much you
should get paid. You can appeal the decision if you disagree. Dealing with
insurance companies can be a PIA or not.
Read your policy. If you don't understand something ask. Best of luck.

73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick
God Made Man
Sam Colt Made Them Equal