Re: [TowerTalk] Change in SWR

To: dscribner@myfairpoint.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Change in SWR
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:34:40 -0500 (EST)
Doug, at that height, close to 1/2 wavelength, any and everything can
effect the vswr of the 40m antenna.

Even the moisture content of the soil will have an influence. Has it rained
 since the initial readings?

My advice is to monitor the vswr over a several month period of time to see
 if it continues to degrade. If it does, then there is a case to look into
why.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/3/2013 7:26:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,