[TowerTalk] from towers to shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] from towers to shack
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 22:46:10 -0200
Hello

I'm about to review coaxials and control lines going from the towers to the
shack.

Actually I have below ground plastic pipes 100 mm (4 inches) so from tower
to shack they go underground. The last coaxial had to put on the land
because is not passing through the pipe.

Now I'm thinking about doing the same, underground, but a larger pipe, or
other option might be to put the pipe OVER the ground at a height of
1.50-1.90 m (60-75 inches) so I can walk under the pipe or at a height of
0.40 meters (16 inches) to pass over the pipe and the grass can be cut
without problems.

my question is about which is TECHNICALLY the best option, if there is a
technical benefit or about RFI to put them under ground. If there's no
advantage, is much easier to manage the cables OVER the ground

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks in advance,

73,

Jorge