Re: [TowerTalk] Andrew 45 J 7/8 hardline connector

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Andrew 45 J 7/8 hardline connector
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:09:48 -0500
On 12/12/2013 9:16 PM, Steve Maki wrote:

I'm not familiar with a 45J. Andrew connectors with a "45" are usually
for either 5/8" Heliax or special splice connectors for 7/8".

If it's brass colored, it's an old series connector and definitely not a
7-16 DIN.

As far as interfacing to RG-213, it would depend on what connector you
had on the RG-213 of course.

The least expensive and simplest solution is to obtain N connectors for
both cable types.

Assuming your 7/8" is LDF5-50A, the (easily available and cheap)
connectors would be L5TNF or L5PNF (N female) and any old N male for the
RG213 3/8" braided cable.

-Steve K8LX

Oops, I just brushed up on my Andrew; the brass fittings are pretty much gone from the marketplace so I had to make room in there for new facts on current stuff :-)

The L45 connectors are indeed all for LDF5 cable. It's little confusing because LDF4.5 in the 5/8" cable.

The L45J is an HN. Like a big N but not as big as a DIN.

There's a chance the business end of different 45 connectors use the same cable barrel, just try it.

The current "positive stop" connectors are all made like that - you can swap an N for DIN and a male for a female without replacing the back barrel.

-Steve K8LX